Sunday, September 21, 2014

Back to school - Fall 2014

Today I made apple crisp.  In the crockpot.  Yep.  I really did!  


I have never made apple crisp in the crockpot before.  I really under use my crockpot.  There are about 3 meals that I cook in it and we love making applesauce in it, but that is about it!  I have decided to use it more.  I would like to use it at least once or twice a week for a different meal.
Tomorrow I am going to make granola in the crockpot for snacking on.


McKenzie and some of her soccer team are playing Futsal at the YMCA on Sunday afternoons,  She scored a goal today! :)  She is loving it and having so much fun!  I love it because it is so close! 


Go SEAHAWKS!!  My daughter, Alyssa decided to make some Seahawk hats.  She made one and posted it and said she was selling them for $12. (12th man...$12...I thought is was a great idea!!)  She has a waiting list of over 13 people who ordered them!  She makes them newborn (the front middle hat) up to adult sizes.  She has been super busy!  I went over to her house a couple days after she had posted it and she had made 5 hats!!  She is quickly ticking them off her list!  
She is so amazing! :)


However, no matter how amazing she is, she has a really weird cat! :)  The last couple weeks when I pull up in the driveway this is what I see.  Merlin loves to hang out in the recycle bin :)

The girls have been adjusting well at school.

They are in 7th and 9th grade this year.  I took them last weekend for "first day of school" photos.  I wasn't able to get them on the first day because of work, but we had a little photo shoot and I got some pretty cute ones! :)

I like this one of McKenzie.  She is usually a yoga pant/soccer tshirt/sweatshirt kinda girl.  I like that she dressed up a bit with jeggings and a nice shirt! 

I even got a cute one of the two of them!

Alexandra is getting so grown up!  She is a freshman in high school this year!  Just a couple short years and she will be in collage!





I can't believe how fast they have grown up!  In about six years, they will both be in college/out on their own and I will be "all a lonely" in this house! :)

I remember when they were little, they would say they were never moving out because I would be "all a lonely" here by myself.  Little did they know, that is not a bad thing!  Now Alyssa has gotten married, moved out, and has three little ones.  I think she is counting the days until she is "all a lonely"!  Alexandra has decided that she is going away to college.  Probably in Oregon (close to Seaside) but she is not super sure yet.  McKenzie is still on the fence.  She may move out, she may not.  She doesn't want to live at home forever, but she really doesn't feel like moving out yet.  I am sure that will change once she hits high school in a couple years though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment