Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy Star Wars Day!!

May the 4th be with you! :)

This is such a fun day!  ...and tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo!  Two holidays back to back! :)  OK...not really holidays, but they are fun days. :)

This has been a pretty busy week...but I think they are all pretty busy!

Alex had another track meet yesterday.  She did the hurdles, 1600 & 4x200 relay.  I had to work, so I wasn't able to go and watch, but she told me all about it!   She beat her time on the 1600m race.  She was the only girls again racing with 7 boys.  She came in third!  (First for girls! :) )  Her time was 6.33 for the mile.  She was pretty happy!  Right after that they did the 4x200 relay and they came in first!!  They even had competition!  They got 2.7 this time.  One second better than Tuesday and one second slower than last week.  They are an amazing fast team!  It is so fun to watch them.  They just FLY around the track!  I will try to video it next week.

Yesterday, McKenzie tried out for Rangers U12.  She has the second tryouts on Monday.  There are not very many girls trying out.  I think about 30 girls for about 14 spots.  We shall see what happens with that!  There are some very good players trying out and some not so good players trying out.  I think McKenzie falls in the middle.  If she doesn't make Rangers this year, she has RDL tryouts soon.  (the new name for WDL)

McKenzie had Whatcom Cup playoff game this morning.  We played the Royal WDL team.  (This is the team she practiced with in the fall and played indoor with this winter)  They royal was ahead 2-0, but we caught up and tied the game 2-2!!  This would be good, except in the playoffs, there can be no ties!  :(  ....so off to penalty kicks!  These are so stressful for the girls!  Each team has a goalie (the goalie that just played) and gets to pick 5 girls (that were just on the field, not on the bench) and each team gets 5 shots.  The best of 5 wins the game!  We didn't...   It was a sad loss, but we have a game next week and then this season is over....and on to tryouts and summer soccer!  :)  It is a good thing we are a soccer loving family!

I am off to load all my pictures on my computer now, so that the next post I write will have some cute pictures to go with it!  :)

Enjoy this absolutely beautiful sunshine!!!   It makes me want to go outside, lay on a hammock, and take a nap or read a good book!  However, I don't have a hammock, and my yard needs mowing, and flower beds need weeding, and kids need playing with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment