Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday

This week has just flown by!  I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday already.  We have been so busy.
Alex during hurdles last year

Alex started track on Monday.  She is doing the 800m, 1600m and possibly the 4x200 relay.  They might have to do the 4x100 relay instead, but she wants to do the 4x200.  They had a great relay team last year, but two of the girls are not participating this year.  One is not doing track this season, she is doing basketball and soccer, the other got transferred to Horizon.  Alex and Paige are still doing it and they have two new girls joining them.  It will be fun to see how this team does.

Her coach wants her to do the long jump, but she is not sure she wants to.  Her coach told her she would be great at it because she has powerful legs and could jump far.  She said jumping hurts her knees and ankles.  I guess we just have to wait until the first track meet to see who wins that argument! :) (Personally, I think she would be fabulous at the long jump!  Her leg strength is amazing!!)

Beautiful sunrise picture from fall 2013

McKenzie is still just doing soccer.  She informed me the other night that she will never, ever, ever do school sports.  EVER. Not going to happen.  I told her it was required by law and she had to pick at least one after school sport to participate in.  She only believe me for a second.  ;)  I did say that she might want to try middle school soccer next year, but she is pretty set on not ever, ever doing school sports.

This Saturday we are going down to Renton for Alex's soccer game.  Right now they are in first place in their flight for the Challenge Cup.  The team they are playing on Saturday is in last placed in their flight (out of 5 teams)  The top two teams from each flight will go on to the quarter finals.

Mt Baker - fall 2013

Sunday will be McKenzie's game.  They have a home game at Civic.  Yeah!  I love close to home games! :)

I still have to get ready for this weekend.  I am driving a van load of girls down to the game (the more the merrier!) and I have to figure out when to leave, what order to pick up girls, what snacks to bring, when to fill up on gas (probably Friday night!) and where I lost my mind! ;)  Also don't forget the camera and make sure the battery is charged and the card is empty.  We are also having a team lunch/treat, so I have to figure out that too!

I hope you enjoy the random pictures I posted!  I have been going through all the photos on my computer.  I am trying to condense, upload, delete, and sort all the pictures on my computer.  HUGE job!  I always say I am going to keep up on it, but I always let it slip.  I promise that THIS time, I will keep up on it!  As soon as I get caught up! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment