Friday, March 14, 2014

My daughter, the published author

McKenzie during the Federal Way game last week.  Header!!

Last night as McKenzie and I were working on her homework and talking about this weekend, she told me that her I.S. teacher told her to enter one of her poems in a contest last month.  Last night she showed me the email that says she will be published. :)

McKenzie,
 Congratulations! Your poem was chosen  for publication in our 2014 A Forest of Words teen poetry anthology!  We hope to have the book printed by April and will send a copy with your name on it to your library branch.  Look for a follow up email in the coming weeks to let you know when it is in and ready for you.
 The best part of being a winning poet for A Forest of Words is a paid attendance to a teen poetry workshop taught by poet Matthew Brouwer.  He is really an amazing teacher – teens enjoyed the workshop last year and we’re excited to bring him back. 
 Tamar Clarke

She was pretty excited about it, and so was I!  I haven't seen past issues of the book, but I will be going to the library to check them out! :)

Today, my list includes laundry, packing and more packing.  We are off to a "quick" trip to Spokane this weekend for soccer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment