Thursday, March 27, 2014

My published author is published!!

Spring soccer
Wet and windy
Cold and rainy
Drenched
Soaked
Spring soccer

That is my spring soccer poem! :)  I took Alex to soccer practice yesterday and it started POURING down rain right after I dropped her off.  I sat in my car and read a book during practice and this is the view from my car.  The rain was coming down sooo hard it was crazy!!  


This is Molly earlier in the day.  The sun was shining, it was about 60* outside.  Beautiful spring weather.  Molly climbed to the top of the little slide and fell asleep for a little cat nap! :)
Crazy Washington weather!  


It is official!! She picked up her book today!  She got the email from the library that the book was in and she could pick up her copy whenever she wanted.  She asked me as soon as she came home if we could go down to the library and get it.  There are 39 poems in the book and they are mixed with some drawings.  Kids from all over Whatcom County in Middle & High School were able to enter their poems.  Judges went through them and picked out the best ones.  McKenzie was one of them! :)  She was pretty excited!
This is the poem that she wrote.  She wrote it last year in 5th grade for a writing assignment, but she had it in her poem portfolio this year.  It was one of her favorites so that is the one she picked out.

The library publishes holds this contest twice a year.  They publish the book and give each student a copy and they have extra copies at the library for check out.  They have been doing it for two or three years now.  I think it is a great idea!  It lets kids enter a contest and some get published.  Fun!

This morning was a pretty gray and rainy day.  Merlin was not going to go outside at all.  I came into the livingroom and found him all snuggled on Alexandra's pillow, curled in a little ball, sound asleep.  Very cozy!



No comments:

Post a Comment