Friday, October 2, 2009

My Quilt

This is the quilt I won. It was a raffle to raise money for the boys and girls club. They sold over 1,000 tickets and I won with number #235!!! It is a HUGE quilt! They said it fits a king size bed. I have a queen, so I will have room left over! Lots of room....lots and lots of room! This picture is just a very small sample of the quilt. It is soooo beautiful. It is also pretty heavy. It will keep me very warm this winter. (The black part in the bottom of the picture is our cat, Four, checking it out.)
I saw this quilt hanging on the wall in the Ferndale Senior Center and bought tickets for it. A few months later, at the Old Settlers Picnic at Pioneer Park, it was hanging right outside the entrance....so I bought another ticket! Later that evening, they anounced the winner....and it was ME!!! I was (still am!) sooo happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment